Link Confluence action status to Jira Issue status

Julien Lambert July 27, 2022

Hello everyone,

To maximize the reliability of our specifications in Confluence (making sure all implemented fonctionnalities are documented in relevant Confluence page), I am trying to ensure all specification rules (a specific line in a relevant Confluence page) have an issue in Jira and vice-versa.

I can refer to a Confluence page from a Jira issue, but it is only a loose link, and I can't find a way to have a more detailed link, where a Confluence action status would be linked to a Jira issue status : unchecked if the issue is new, and automatically checked when the issue is closed.

Do you know if what I am trying to achieve is possible? I'm talking about Confluence actions but maybe I am looking at the wrong tools for that?

Thanks,
Regards,
JL

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

Hi @Julien Lambert welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If one specification in Confluence is linked to a Story or Task in Jira, then you can you the Jira Issue/Filter macro to link to the relevant Jira issue. That embedded link will show the status of that Jira issue.

So I wouldn't use a separate Confluence status (with a Status macro), but just the Jira issue link.

You cannot link Confluence tasks to Jira tasks/subtasks (and sync the status) or automation unchecked to checked.

Julien Lambert July 28, 2022

So it is not possible using Confluence tasks but there is no other tool that would allow that either?

I was hoping there was an app I wasn't aware of, or another functionnality.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events