Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting duplicate page content

Antony Prout May 13, 2015

Is there anyway that I can have Confluence setup (natively or with a plugin) so that when a user inserts the title for a new page, if a page with a similar title already exists then a popup is displayed informing the user about that page?

An example would be, User A creates a page called "Git setup" and a few days later User B wants to create a page called "How to setup Git". Once they've put in the title I would like a pop up asking them if the page they are about to create is going to be a duplicate of the existing "Git setup" page.

I understand that this should ideally be done with user training (search before you create) but it would be really neat to have this kind of functionality.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2015

Hi Antony,

I actually don't see any native function of Confluence or a third-party plugin that allows this. I understand your suggest, and I see we have this same functionality here in answers.atlassian.com when you try to create a new Question.

My suggest would be to try to apply a correct usage of labels, what could help you identify if that page content already exist.

In addition, I raised a improvement request with our development team to implement this function. I suggest you and your mates to vote on this request and also comment on it with your suggestions for this functionality.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-37560

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Luiz Maia
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Robert Krause
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2016

Hi @Antony Prout,

you could try the Duplicate Content Defender Plugin. When creating a new page it shows pages, with a similar title and lets you preview their contents.

Best regards,
Robert 

Antony Prout August 10, 2016

Thanks Robert that looks like it would work for us. I'll check out it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events