Limiting Permissions in Confluence 5.x: Limit users to editing pages but not creating new ones or moving them.

R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

Hello All,

Do any of you know if there are ways to do the following in Confluence?

1. Allow edit-only priviledges but remove the ability to create new pages and/or move pages within a space.

2. Limit the creation of child pages to specific parent pages.

3. Turn off Page History so anonymous users cannot see it.

I wasn't able to find any information on these topics, so I know it's probably not possible but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks,

Rosemary

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

For #1, this one can't be done based on how current permissions.

For #2, I created a drafts space where teams can create documentation that's earmarked for public release. Each team has it's own page. Each page is restricted by who can edit that page and its children. But anyone in the company can view all the pages.

For #3, I found the answer in the Confluence KB: How do I prevent Anonymous Users from Using Page History
I'm using Confluence 5.4.2 and the code works perfectly. The only thing I changed was the message the anonymous users receives after clicking on the Page History link: "Only users with an active account can view Page History. Please login to access this information."

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2014

Essentially, no, to all three.

1. This is mostly because there's no real use for the separation, it generally just confuses users, and on a technical level, every "edit" is actually a new page.

2. Again, this has been found to confuse users

3. Part of the point of Confluence is that you can see the history

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events