Limit who can change page status

Gaylord Gauvrit December 13, 2022

I'm using status for pages (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/add-a-status-to-your-page-or-blog/). 

I would like to know if it's possible to limit the users who can change that status? For example, only project manager could use the status "validated".  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

@Gaylord Gauvrit That functionality does not currently exist.  I would suggest submitting a feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa 

Gaylord Gauvrit December 16, 2022

Thanks @Bran for your answer. 

1 vote
Anastasia Bek _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2023

Hello @Gaylord Gauvrit ,
Thank you for the question! Unfortunately, there’s no way to get the required functionality out of the box. To limit manipulation with the page status of your Confluence Cloud pages we can suggest a solution for your use case with our Handy Macros for Confluence app, namely Handy Page Status which allows you to:

• Indicate the Confluence documentation status.
  • Create status options that work best for your company process
  • Reuse these status sets across pages for status consistency
  • Make updates in one click from the page view mode

Additionally, it has access restrictions that align with the user Confluence page permissions, so, for example, only users with Confluence page editing permissions should be able to set, change, and remove Handy Page Status.
You can try the Handy Macros for Confluence app on the Atlassian Marketplace for free to see if it works for you. Our support is always happy to assist with any concerns.
Have a lovely day!
Kind regards,
Anastasia

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders