Limit export to pdf functionality

Nikita Loginov May 21, 2018

Hi

We've got a problem when a space admins tries to export whole space as pdf. This in many cases leads to a confluence crash and affects performance in general.

Yes there is a way to restrict the export to PDF completely but I wonder if there a more elegant way to

* disable exporting whole space to PDF

* putting a limit on how many pages can be exported to PDF at once

I wasn't able to find a plugin for that. We can either try to override this behavior (if it's possible of course) by a self made plugin. Or perhaps there is a way to achieve that by adding some logic to velocity/js files?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2018

Hi Alex,

With Scroll PDF Exporter you can both limit the availability of the PDF export function to certain spaces, but also define a maximum number of pages:

You can try Scroll PDF Exporter using a 30 day trial license via the Atlassian Marketplace.

Please feel free to reach out to us via support@k15t.com if you have any questions regarding the app.

Best,
Nils

Nikita Loginov May 22, 2018

Thanks Nils

Do I understand this correctly that you were able to control this because you completely override default pdf export engine with your our pdf processing? Or you hooked somehow in the inbuilt pdf process?

Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Hi Alex,

We've implemented our own export mechanism and do (per default) hide the standard export to PDF functionality after Scroll PDF Exporter is installed on a system.

If needed, this can be changed easily, to have our export functionality and the default PDF Exporter available in the tools menu.

Cheers,
Nils

Nikita Loginov May 23, 2018

Thanks for the info Nils

Akshay June 25, 2020

Hii Nils,

Can I make this export functionality available to all users(user with login or without login). As we designed theme  using scroll viewport, and I want this export pdf functionality available in each article, and in each space. As I am new to confluence can you please tell me how can I achieve it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events