Limit Product documentation (i.e. “Help”) for a hosted application but only for the people using the application

John Barr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2015

I’d like to publish some product documentation (i.e. “Help”) for a hosted application and make the content “public,” but only for the people using the application. In other words, I don’t want “the world” to find it with a Google search, but I want some users (that don’t have accounts) be able to view (view only) the content that supports our product. Is there a way to do that (i.e. have a dedicated user account and pass in credentials when a link is clicked within our application). It’s not “top secret” stuff. I just want to avoid the world being able to find it and limit it to just our customers that have licensed our product. Any thoughts / best practices / advise? Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

I know offhandedly Comalatech has an add-on that allows links to be generated and managed for public sharing:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keinoby.confluence.plugins.share-attachments

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

You can append ?os_authType=basic&os_username=tester&os_password=tstpassword to a request I believe.

John Barr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2015

Would this work for the many simultaneous connections from different locations?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2015

I believe so, but am not 100% sure

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events