Limit Product documentation (i.e. “Help”) for a hosted application but only for the people using the application

John Barr June 10, 2015

I’d like to publish some product documentation (i.e. “Help”) for a hosted application and make the content “public,” but only for the people using the application. In other words, I don’t want “the world” to find it with a Google search, but I want some users (that don’t have accounts) be able to view (view only) the content that supports our product. Is there a way to do that (i.e. have a dedicated user account and pass in credentials when a link is clicked within our application). It’s not “top secret” stuff. I just want to avoid the world being able to find it and limit it to just our customers that have licensed our product. Any thoughts / best practices / advise? Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

I know offhandedly Comalatech has an add-on that allows links to be generated and managed for public sharing:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keinoby.confluence.plugins.share-attachments

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

You can append ?os_authType=basic&os_username=tester&os_password=tstpassword to a request I believe.

John Barr June 10, 2015

Would this work for the many simultaneous connections from different locations?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2015

I believe so, but am not 100% sure

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events