Limit Product documentation (i.e. “Help”) for a hosted application but only for the people using the application

I’d like to publish some product documentation (i.e. “Help”) for a hosted application and make the content “public,” but only for the people using the application. In other words, I don’t want “the world” to find it with a Google search, but I want some users (that don’t have accounts) be able to view (view only) the content that supports our product. Is there a way to do that (i.e. have a dedicated user account and pass in credentials when a link is clicked within our application). It’s not “top secret” stuff. I just want to avoid the world being able to find it and limit it to just our customers that have licensed our product. Any thoughts / best practices / advise? Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Jun 10, 2015

You can append ?os_authType=basic&os_username=tester&os_password=tstpassword to a request I believe.

Would this work for the many simultaneous connections from different locations?

Boris Berenberg Community Champion Jun 10, 2015

I believe so, but am not 100% sure

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 10, 2015

I know offhandedly Comalatech has an add-on that allows links to be generated and managed for public sharing:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keinoby.confluence.plugins.share-attachments

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,099 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you