Lifecycle management at the parent level

Sharon Liu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

Are there any apps that do Lifecycle management at the parent level? Currently, many apps do lifecycle management at the space level; however, I have a use case where there are many parent pages within one space, and each parent might belong to different owners. 

I'd like the ability to view archive/renewal status by parent page. The ability to view pages by owner would be great too. 

Breeze is pretty close; however, I need the ability to drill down one level down to view parent pages within the space. 

image.png

2 answers

4 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2024

@Sharon Liu I'm not sure what function "parent pages" fulfill in your spaces, or what exactly you mean by lifecycle management on the page level, but I encourage you to take a look at the lifecycle management capabilities of Better Content Archiving and Analytics for Confluence, the go-to content lifecycle management tool of Confluence users large and small.

For automatic lifecycle management: you can use precise CQL queries to determine CLM rules for single pages, parent pages in your case.

For page status overview: you can use the advanced reporting dashboards or page status macro to display and understand page status.

A few of the many advantages:

1. CQL gives you ultimate granularity in defining rules for pages, page trees, spaces, etc.
  2. Using the pages status macro, you can display pages grouped by their owner
    20230924-confluence-page-owner-report-macro.png
  3. Page statuses are applied automatically based on your rules, no manual adjustment is needed
  4. Archiving, deletion, and notifications are also performed automatically

There are multiple status-related dashboards you use, see some examples:

01-content-status-overview-cloud.png

confluence-site-content-status-report.png

Or you can use a page status macro to list only your "parent pages" and show their statuses:

better-content-archiving-content-status-list-macro.png

(I'm part of the team at Midori, developing Better Content Archiving for Confluence.)

0 votes
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2024

Hi @Sharon Liu and welcome.

You can look at Scroll Documents by K15t. The app allows you to create 'documents' within a space. A document can be, for example, a section of the tree topped by a specific parent page.

You can have multiple scroll documents in a space and you can 'version' each of them by having one working version and then creating a snapshot when done.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events