Licensing for non-contributors

Steve Nyhof August 3, 2014

Hi we are a 15 person business and wish to use Confluence for a knowlege base....procedures, policies, how-to guides, file repository, etc.

Only 5 people would create & update the content, and the rest would only consume it.

Access would be restricted to the 15 employees; we would not want this informaiton publically accessible.

The question is whether the 10 user license is sufficient for my needs? We cannot afford the larger versions. For example can I assign one account with read-only permissions that would be used by several of the non-contributors concurrently on a read-only basis? Or can we restrict access some other way to the content?

I am open to whether we use in-house hosted or the cloud version. If we host in-house, though, I need staff to be able to access the content from remote locations without requiring a VPN.

Regards Steve

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2014

Hi Steve,

Yes, you can create one read-only permission and provide it to all your non contributor user. In this case, you would need to assign can use to the user in the Global Permission but restrict the user in the space and default space permission.

Hope this suggestion helps!

Regards,

Jing Hwa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events