Licensing cold-failover servers..

Jason Pepper February 12, 2012

If I have a 100 user licence for my production confluence server, what sort of licence do I need for a cold-failover server ?

Do I need another 100 user licence ?

I have looked at the FAQ and in the documentation, I was wondering if I could use a development licence to cover that ?

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

Hi Jason,

Yes, you can use a development license to cover a cold-failover server - http://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#licensing-9

"Developer licenses can also be used for non-production installations of our software deployed on a cold stand-by server."

I've used developer licenses for cold standby servers in the past and haven't run into any technical or licensing issues.

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

Jason Pepper February 12, 2012

top man.. thanks

amagi pe April 16, 2013

Im planing to deploy a cold stand-by server for failover puroposes for our production instance. Does development license apply in this case?

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Since the cold failover is non-production, it does apply. You always only have ONE single server as production with this solution.

Henry Chew November 11, 2015

Topping the question,

Can both Active and cold standby server connect to one single mysql database?

0 votes
ragesh punathil April 28, 2013

For cold failover we have to keep the databse and home directory seperatly ?

0 votes
Stefan Broda
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2012

On the topic of failover: Atlassian has just released a dedicated best practice guide for High Availability. It covers a cold failover scenario and includes implementation details on reverse proxying, monitoring, replication and failover mechanisms:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/Failover+for+JIRA

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events