Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License type and quantity to allow external restricted access to a confluence space

Anthony Caruso May 9, 2022

Hi All

first time posting...we have 9 internal users on JIRA Software and want to expose a Confluence space (knowledge base) to allowed (not anonymous) users via whitelisting their IP or domain (if possible).

Is this possible? If so, do you need STD or PREMIUM Confluence licenses (assume Premium as I think STD is all anonymous access) and finally do you just need to purchase 1 license for allowed external users to view the space?

Lots of questions I know but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

@Anthony Caruso Welcome to the Atlassian community

You can setup anonymous access so others can access your confluence pages/space.  The anonymous access make it public.  If you locked it down by IP anyone on the IP would be able to see the space.  Anonymous access does not require additional licenses.  Standard licenses provides anonymous access.   You need premium for both anonymous access and IP allow.

Anthony Caruso May 9, 2022

Hi Brant, thanks for the prompt response. Ideally we do not want to expose the confluence space to just anyone externally, so the anonymous will be an issue (even if free). If we went to Premium license (whitelist access) do you just need the 1 Premium confluence license and multiple external whitelisted people can then access it?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2022

@Anthony Caruso - If you change to premium all 9 of your licenses will be premium.  You could then have an anonymous space behind IP that anyone on those IP/IP ranges would be able to access.

Like Anthony Caruso likes this
Anthony Caruso May 10, 2022

Thanks for the response Brant. It has helped clear up my issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events