License management

Daniel July 3, 2020

I'm currently still figuring out how to maintain high availability for my services including Confluence server. I've had to destroy a few trial-licensed Confluence container while I figure out firewall and database configurations. 

I was wondering I’ll have to buy a license every time I need to destroy a machine with a license?

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2020

For high availability, get Confluence Data Centre.

For a disaster recovery situation, the best you can do is have a ready-to-run backup server pointed at a replicated database and with a synchronised or shared attachments directory.

When something fails, you shut down the primary server, start the backup and re-point your DNS to the other one.

The backup system can be created and left with a developer licence.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2020

Hi Daniel,

To add to what @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- let you know about high-availability, there's no reason to buy or generate a new license each time you destroy a Confluence instance.

As long as there's only one installation of Confluence running with your license, you can keep using it until it expires. You can go to my.atlassian.com if you need to recover your license key.

I hope that's clear, but let me know if you're running into a particular error when you attempt to re-use a license from a previous installation.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events