Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left-side navigation links disappeared from all Confluence spaces.

Jeffrey Harris December 28, 2011

Sometime over the Christmas break, our Confluence system stopped displaying the left-side navigation links for all spaces. To the best of my knowledge there was no system maintenance or configuration that might have prompted this.

We've tried restarting both Confluence and the App Server but nothing has helped.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeffrey Harris January 12, 2012

So it turns out that the Velocity Helper module in the Documentation Theme plugin was disabled. I didn't disable it, but according to Atlassian Support this is a shared module, which can result in a race condition that prevents the module from loading properly when Confluence starts.

I re-enabled Velocity Helper and everything is back to good.

There is currently a bug filed against Velocity Helper for this issue (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22390).

Hopefully
, this will be useful for others in the Confluence-sphere.

1 vote
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2011
Hi, I know you are not aware of any maintenance or config changes that may have prompted the loss of navigation, but I'd start with the basics and check the global theme under Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Themes to see if someone has changed the theme from Documentation or Left Nav. Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events