Left-side navigation links disappeared from all Confluence spaces.

Sometime over the Christmas break, our Confluence system stopped displaying the left-side navigation links for all spaces. To the best of my knowledge there was no system maintenance or configuration that might have prompted this.

We've tried restarting both Confluence and the App Server but nothing has helped.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

So it turns out that the Velocity Helper module in the Documentation Theme plugin was disabled. I didn't disable it, but according to Atlassian Support this is a shared module, which can result in a race condition that prevents the module from loading properly when Confluence starts.

I re-enabled Velocity Helper and everything is back to good.

There is currently a bug filed against Velocity Helper for this issue (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22390).

Hopefully
, this will be useful for others in the Confluence-sphere.

Hi, I know you are not aware of any maintenance or config changes that may have prompted the loss of navigation, but I'd start with the basics and check the global theme under Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Themes to see if someone has changed the theme from Documentation or Left Nav. Andrew.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,127 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you