Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left panel navigation categories or titles

Ana Assumpção September 25, 2019

Hello Confluence, 

We are running in Cloud and we would like to improve the usability of our left side menu.

I would like to know if there is a way to organize the menu divided by titles, just as you guys do. (Image bellow)

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 14.20.32.png

To keep our pages organized we - a lot of times -  feel obligated to create useless pages, without any content, just to group a category. 

Because those pages are clickable we display a list of the child pages in an attempt to improve the usability. However this is not good, there is no need for those pages to exist.

Is there a way to organize the side menu? Is there any workaround? 

Also, is there a way to hide some page threes from the side menu? We have followed this tutorial but they keep appearing: 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-hide-pages-from-showing-on-the-left-panel-navigation-tree-in-confluence-420184433.html

Thanks

Anah

2 answers

0 votes
Nadine Schurz October 14, 2019

Hi Ana,

as Shannon already mentioned SubSpace Navigation for Confluence enables you to create your own navigation menu and could be the solution you are looking for.

Make use of the 30-day free trial and check it out. Please don't hesitate to ask any question or give feedback via our support portal.

We are looking forward to getting in touch with you!

Cheers,

Nadine

Communardo Products GmbH

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2019

Hello Ana,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us.

As long as your pages are orphaned, they will not appear on the sidebar. You'd need to move all of the pages that you don't want to see on the sidebar out of the current parent, above the space homepage. Feel free to show me how they are currently arranged, and I can help with that.

While organizing the pages on the sidebar in another way is not possible, I did find this add-on called SubSpace Navigation for Confluence. It allows you to create your own navigation menu in Confluence Cloud. Perhaps this could be useful for you?

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events