Launch a Confluence search from an external application by launching a URL

Gerry H April 1, 2022

I'd like to be able to open a search on Confluence by launching a URL, it might look something like:

https://tools.mycompany.ca/confluence?search="Winnie the Pooh"

Possible? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Hi @Gerry H 
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

That type of integration isn't available out-of-the-box, but you could certainly develop something on top of the Confluence REST API to accomplish that.

You could have your external application linked to Confluence using OAuth and then rely on /rest/api/search to provide search results from Confluence without leaving the current application.

A more simple solution would be opening a new tab/window with the search string pointing to your Confluence instance.

<Confluence-URL>/dosearchsite.action?cql=siteSearch&queryString=my+search+string

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2022

Adding to Thiago's reply - if you go to https://tools.mycompany.ca/confluence/dosearchsite.action - you can use the left hand side filters to generate a more targetted set of search results - eg: it'll show that to see only Pages updated in the last week mentioning Winnie the Pooh, you can pass the query string /dosearchsite.action?cql=siteSearch+~+"winne+the+pooh"+and+lastmodified+>%3D+now(%27-1w%27)+and+type+%3D+"page"&queryString=winne+the+pooh

Add &includeArchivedSpaces=true to include archived spaces

CCM

Like # people like this
Gerry H April 4, 2022

Awesome CCM, thanks!

0 votes
Gerry H April 4, 2022

Thiago, I like your second answer a lot better than the first. My boss is expecting me to spend a hour on this, not hours or days.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events