Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest version of Confluence - now duplicates the page tree on the far left?

Mireille Gennaro June 14, 2017

We upgraded our Confluence version yesterday and now we are seeing an "extra" page tree as part of this upgrade? What is this and how can we remove the duplicate?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

I was not able to find a support request or bug report describing an extra page tree after upgrading to Confluence 6.2.1 so the behavior is not common or expected.

Please let me know:

• What version did you upgrade from?
  • Do you have any customizations in the spaces under Space tools > Look and Feel or anything in the Confluence Admin>Look and Feel section? 
  • If you disable user installed plugins does the extra page tree disappear? Please see Disabling or enabling all add-ons (using Safe Mode)

Hi, Ann:

I figured it out. I was able to go into Space Tools/Configure Sidebar and "hide" space shortcuts to remove the extra page tree. I'm all set. 

Separately, I did pose another question regarding formatting issues I've found... let me know if I need to repost.

Here it is -- I had posted it in another thread you had been responding to:

Ann -- I came across something else as a result of upgrading our Confluence.

I noticed some of the text (content on a published page) that was originally in black is now gray. This is especially prevalent in text boxes (macros) that I've placed on the page and have text entered into the box. Some of the text has become gray and other text has remained black. In the previous version, this was not the case -- all of the text is black -- as intended. Can you shed some light?

Here is an example -- in the previous Confluence version, the headers were originally in black. Now the first header is gray and the second one remains black (?) Totally random. Further, the hyperlinks -in the previous version - were bold and now only the bottom half is bold? This is consistently found across all of our pages again as a result of upgrading our Confluence version. 

example.PNG

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

That's great news that you were able to hide the space shortcuts to resolve the issue.

I wonder if there is a custom stylesheet in place, as described in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-prevent-Headings-5-and-6-color-from-being/qaq-p/593346

Sometimes customizations don't work as expected after an upgrade.

Mireille Gennaro June 15, 2017

Hello,

I don't see that we have any custom stylesheets -- when I click on both the "Stylesheet" and "Custom Stylesheets" links from the Admin section, they are both blank. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events