Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels not visible on some published pages

Sydney Edlund August 15, 2022

All of the pages in my Knowledge Base have labels. The space has public permissions turned on, but not all pages are viewable currently. We have been working on transferring information from an old PDF format into Confluence for about a year. Today I noticed that on some pages, there are no labels visible in the bottom corner of the published page. 

In the first picture, you can see an example page that is fine, the labels in the bottom corner show up as they should. 

image.png

In the second picture, you can see an example page where the labels corner is just blank. Not even an icon to click on to add labels.

image.png

But if I edit the page and choose "add labels" from the top right corner menu, I can see that this page does have labels (picture 3). When I publish, the bottom right corner is empty. 

image.png

Changing the size of my browser window doesn't make a difference. Who edited or how many people have edited the page doesn't make a difference. Level of permissions for the page doesn't seem to matter. 

It seems like pages that haven't been edited since before July 2022 are largely fine. But that doesn't mean that all pages edited in or after July 2022 are missing their labels UI; some of them are also fine. 

It's very strange! Any suggestions for what's going on would be very much appreciated! 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Egyes October 2, 2022

I'm experiencing the same issue (occurs on some pages, while others seem fine ... weird). Anyway, I discovered a workaround. Instead of adding the labels via pressing the 'l' key directly on the page, do as follows. 

1. Click the Edit button in toward the upper-right portion of the page. (Assuming you have write privileges.) 

2. Click the label mini-icon that appears immediately to the right of the page title. 

3. In the Labels dialog, add the labels as you would ordinarily. 

4. Close the labels dialog. 

5. At the bottom of the page, click Save. 

The above steps resulted in my labels appearing. 

Hope this helps whilst Atlassian solves this issue globally. 

Good luck to all. 

-Dave 

Sydney Edlund October 24, 2022

It looks like it resolved itself. 

Atif Afsar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 4, 2024

I'm facing similar issue. My postmortem template shows the label but when the template is published then none of the labels are appearing. Unfortunately this solution is not working for me.

0 votes
Frank Rentef November 6, 2023

Experiencing this issue... labels at the bottom of the page are not displaying.  I'm having to use the "Edit", then "..." add labels to even put labels into the page.  After saving the labels do not display.  But they do display if the "Labels" macro is used.

Anyone else run into this?

0 votes
p_borloz August 15, 2022

I experience the same problem with different browsers! When i refresh with F5 only the label-icon is showing without the labels. When i try to click the icon, the following cursor appears: No Sign Icon Vector Template (Not Allowed, Forbidden, Prohibited) –  Stock-Vektorgrafik | Adobe Stock

The "L" Button doesn't work either.

Borislav Bonchev August 16, 2022

I have got this issue today (Aug 16, 2022). I have added labels to a couple of pages and suddenly it has started behaving exactly as you describe it.
If it provides any clue, the page in question is a copy of previously created one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events