Labels not recognized

Rebecca C August 22, 2022

I am using Page Properties and Page Properties reports to gather summarize information within a space.  I have the pages labeled with "socprocess".  I found and used this label in the page properties report.  Last week this was working fine.  Then a co-worker moved the pages within the same space & it stopped working.  I have deleted the macros & recreated them - no luck.  When I click on the label, Confluence says "there are no pages at the moment" with that label.  

I checked another section where I used page properties (created more than a year ago) and it is working fine.  The labeled pages show up & the page properties report is working.

Any idea as to why this solution would have stopped working?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rebecca C September 8, 2022

So I had a co-worker update permissions on some pages that had nothing to do with what I was working on & now things are working.  They had a couple pages in the same space restricted so that I was not on them but those pages were not in my section.  Once they added me to the pages I was able to use the Page Properties as designed.

For whatever reason, it is working now!  Thank you!

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

That makes sense, and it's nice that it's working again. 😄 But you should have a conversation with your colleagues about the use of page restrictions and the effects of inherited page restrictions. A little reminder won't hurt, so they know what they are doing and what could be affected in Confluence. 👍🏽

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Rebecca C 

You might need to check the macro parameters of the Page Properties Report macro, to see if you have further narrowed down your search by adding more fields, or specifying a Page Properties ID. It is possible that it is searching for pages under a specific parent page.

Decision log.png

Also please make sure your pages with Page Properties macro have the correct labels.

Rebecca C August 24, 2022

Thanks - the label does match & the space filter is "current space".  

When I click on the link for the label it says there are no pages with that label but I have 4 different test pages in that space with the label.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2022

Thanks for confirming. How large your confluence instance is ? asking because content indexing might play a role in very large instances wherein even if you add a label to few pages, it might not instantly show up when you search those page with labels.

Would you mind sharing screenshots of the pages in edit mode where you have added "page properties report" and "page properties" macro ? along with the edit macro screenshot to verify few things.

Rebecca C August 29, 2022

Our site only supports 300 people on-prem.  I had my IT team reindex for me last week & nothing changed.  
This actually worked for me & then a team member moved the pages & sub-pages in the same space.  It has not worked since.

I have quite a few screen shots:

REPORT         Picture1.png

PAGE PROPERTIES   Picture2.png

LABEL   Picture3.png

LABEL ISN’T SHOWING UP (have it on 3 pages)   Picture4.png

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2022

Thanks for the screenshots @Rebecca C , from the look of it, everything seems fine. If you move the pages back to its original location, what is the result ?

Rebecca C September 7, 2022

So I had a co-worker update permissions on some pages that had nothing to do with what I was working on & now things are working.  They had a couple pages in the space restricted so that I was not on them but those pages were not in my section.

For whatever reason, it is working now!  thank you!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2022

Ah, a different scenario altogether, thank you for sharing and good to know that its sorted now. You can create a new answer and mark it as accepted, it will help others facing similar issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events