Labelling pages using multi-word labels

RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

I am currently adding labels to the pages in my technical documentation wiki. Many of the labels I am using are multi-word labels, which I am separating using dashes, so that the phrase "precise extent" becomes the tag precise-extent. So far, so mundane. The main reason for tagging content is for weighting the Confluence search engine so that the pages which the editorial team defines as the most important will appear towards the top of the search results. (I am aware of other SEO techniques such as using the search terms in the page title, and in the headings on the page.) My question is this: by adding the label precise-extent on a page, am I increasing the weighting for the individual words, or am I just increasing the weighting for the whole term? I am still at an early stage of labelling my content -- too early to run A/B comparisons -- so I'm hoping that someone further down the same road as me can give me a steer in the right direction.

1 answer

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hi,

If you think this may help you look into this,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Working+with+Confluence+Labels

Thanks!

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013
RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2013

Thank you for this link. I'm not sure the documentation answers my question. But I guess SEO is described as a black art for good reasons! I'll run some comparisons once I let the end-users loose on the wiki.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events