Labelling multiple pages in a single action (thru UWC or confluence)

I'm using the UWC converter to import several hundred pages (a glossary) and I want to assign the same tag to them all.

The documentation on UWC's Label Framework seems primarily guided towards coding and editing the JAR - something I'd rather not do.

Is it possible to do this through modifications to the .properties file, or even independently of UWC?

I see several ways something like this could be done, but don't know how to implement it:

• Add a line to the properties file which assigns label "foo" to all imported pages
  • Add some kind of label field to all the to-be-converted files which says "label:foo" and add a line to the properties file which converts that string to the label
  • Import/convert all the pages without labels, and then run some macro within Confluence to label all the pages. [I will be importing all the pages to a new dedicated space, but will then move them to an existing space which will contain other pages.]

Any suggestions for how to do this?

4 answers

1 accepted

I ended up using the Confluence CLI (Command-Line Interface) - extremely useful tool, that.

There isn't a facility in place (in the UWC) to automatically add a label to every page using a property only. That being said, you could try leveraging a combination of a UWC property with adaptavist's add-label macro .

Something like:

mywiki.1234.addalabel.java-regex=(.)${replace-with}$1NEWLINE{add-label:foo}

This would add a newline and your addlabel macro to the end of every page

Check out Ad hoc Canvas' List functionality.

http://www.adhoccanvas.com/features/

Disclosure: I work with Comalatech.

Hi,

You could do it with Label Manager for Confluence plug in.https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.kostebekteknoloji.plugins.confluence.confluence-label-manager
You could search for similar labels in a space and then merge them into one standard label.
You could also do bulk operations like appending , adding and removing labels.
Documentation is here:http://www.confluence.kostebekteknoloji.com/display/PLUG/Label+Manager+for+Confluence
Regards,

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

872 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you