LaTeX and markdown

Catherine Dalzell December 27, 2018

Is it possible to include mathematical equations and symbols, by way of LaTeX, using Markdown in Atlassian?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2018
Catherine Dalzell December 27, 2018

Thanks. I'll ask my admin to install it for us.

Ghanaati Ali June 19, 2023

Similar question here;  if the markdown contains a mathematical formula, how does confluence support such a format? 

a short part of the markdown file:

$$
S(s)=\sum_{i=1}^{3}\frac{\alpha _i}{\tau _i S + 1}
$$

where $\alpha_i$ is the weight factor for the filter and for each filter $i$,

0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2023

@Catherine Dalzell 

Hello, 

If you are looking for a way to add LaTeX in confluence pages, I would recommend 

LaTeX EASY math equation for Confluence . 

You can choose inline/ block mode when you add LaTeX. As well as, it provides real time preview and selectable formula entry UI so you can easily add and edit formulas. 

0 votes
Parva C. - Narva Software August 18, 2021

Hi Catherine,

If you are looking to write math formula in Confluence pages, you can use add-ons which provide that feature.

If Markdown is not a hard requirement, we recently released an add-on which allows rendering LaTeX as well as AsciiMath and MathML expressions in Confluence.

Please try out LaTeX Math for Confluence available at Atlassian Marketplace.

Let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Parva

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events