Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledgebase with Jira Service Management Restrictions

Luis Marcos Murua January 25, 2022

We are having difficulties managing access permissions to our knowledge base by customers. Currently, we have the kb space free for anonymous users, but we want this documentation to be visible only to our customers who are registered in Service Management. How can I proceed? Because when we remove the anonymous permission, clients can't see the kb through the portal either.

2 answers

2 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

Hi @Luis Marcos Murua 

Welcome to the Community!!

So this is how it goes to give permission to customers who have the account in Confluence but do not count towards a license.

Create a group to separately manage the customer accounts in Confluence

In JSM the Knowledge Base Options are as below

JSMConf1.png

Thanks,
Pramodh

Luis Marcos Murua January 26, 2022

Hi, thanks for the reply!

This same point I tried yesterday but when I enable this, the documentation is not visible through the customer portal.

I think I'm failing on how to link Jira Software users and groups with Confluence, because whenever anonymous access is limited, customers can't see the documentation through the client portal and the they can't login either in Confluence with the Jira username and password (I don't even know if it's possible).

Any suggestion?

Luis Marcos Murua January 31, 2022

Hi, can you help me?

2 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

Hi @Luis Marcos Murua

Welcome to the community!

You may have to create a new group in Jira/confluence that contains your actual customers.

Then in the space, you remove anonymous permissions and assign the view only permission to the group you just created.  

Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/group-customers-into-organizations/ 

I hope this helps.

Luis Marcos Murua January 27, 2022

Hi, thanks for the reply!

This same point I tried yesterday but when I enable this, the documentation is not visible through the customer portal.

I think I'm failing on how to link Jira Software users and groups with Confluence, because whenever anonymous access is limited, customers can't see the documentation through the client portal and the they can't login either in Confluence with the Jira username and password (I don't even know if it's possible).

Any suggestion?

darleneashleigh.jeter August 24, 2022

When you enable what?

• You created the group and added the group to Confluence as "view only" correct?
    • Are you trying to add the group to a Confluence Page, or Space? Remember, pages "inherit" the parents permissions so if they DO NOT have access to the parent, they cannot access the page.
  • You will need a Space in which to house all this "external" documentation.
    • Add the "group" of customers that you created to the space permissions and add them as "view only".
    • DO NOT check anonymous as they are no longer considered anonymous as you have assigned them to a group.
    • Also, please make sure these "customers" have been added to "a portal JSM" as customers and have accepted the invites.
    • At this point, your Confluence Space/links within should be viewable.

Let me know how it goes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events