Knowledge space Vs documentation space and can i have 2 spaces for a team?

sn May 1, 2017

newbie to confluence - im trying to set up a wiki for our company and we would like to use confluence for all dcoumentation- support and also technical docs.

my question is whats the difference between knowledge base space and documentation space. why would i choose one over the other ?

can i have 2 spaces for each team - Ex - QA team - 1 team psace to have pages to talk about the team's tasks and 1 space to have all our support documents?

TIA

1 answer

7 votes
Eswara K May 1, 2017

The only difference is the way the two space templates are structured.Knoweldgebases provide a search box and other ways to structure content (FAQ, Need more help, Other resources etc as on home page) whereas documentation space is more focused on creating/customizing doc templates. But technically, all templates that are available for one space type are available for the other - the only difference is the way they are spewed out, out of the box, when you first create the site.

We usually use knowledge bases for self-help support to our external customers and they are tied to our client facing service desks.

Internally, we use "software project spaces" for each project specific artifacts etc.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events