Knowledge base for internal and external customers.

Christian Plante June 11, 2018

We have a Confluence server instance where a KB space has been created for our field technicians. We're now bringing on board external dealers who will do some of the technical support. We'd like to show them some KB articles, but not all of them. What's the best way to segregate some of the KB articles for them (which still need to be visible to our internal techs)? Neither KBs can be accessed by anonymous users. Everything needs to be accessible via a login.

- Create two spaces, one for internal users, one for external ones? How do we share the relevant content? Manually copy pages? Can we do conditional copies based on labels?
- Should we get a separate server (or Cloud) instance for our external customers? Can we easily copy articles from our internal server instance to the external one?

Other best-practices?

Thanks in advance! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2018

Hey Christian, 

I'd say your best bet is to create another space on the same instance, since you can most-easily administer access by space. 

I don't know of a way to export based on label though, so you'd be left with a manual copy+paste into new articles OR I know you can export/import word docs from each page, but not at a bulk level. 

Whether or not to deploy a separate cloud instance will really depend on your business needs. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events