Keyboard supported in order to change tab in dialogs, such as "Insert link"

Eva Mayrhofer April 24, 2013

Hi,

anybody knows a way to use keyboard only to change the vertical tab in a Confluence dialog? This would speed up my work when creating a link to an anchor.

Here's what I am doing:

1. I am typing some text in a Confluence page.
  2. I press Ctrl+K to start dialog Insert link.
  3. As tab Search is active but I need to change to Advanced, I need to grab the mouse and click on other tab.
  4. I am typing the link and press the Return-Key.
  5. I am back to type other text in the Confluence page.

I am using the dialog to insert links to pages or websites as well. So I end up having to grab the mouse when creating a different kind of link. I loose a few seconds only but it adds up.

Of course, I could type [ in the text and then (in the appearing pop-up menu) I could select command Search or Insert Web Link to go to the correct tab.

I have checked but found no way to go to tab "Advanced" right away. And Confluence remembers the last selected tab for the dialog - which is fine for me... most of the time.

Regards,

Eva

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Hi Eva,

hmm... you might try:

1. Copy the URL to your clipboard.
  2. Type some text in Confluence.
  3. Paste the URL (CTRL + V). Confluence renders the link immediately.
  4. Step back with your cursor and change the displayed text. This does not affect the link.
0 votes
Eva Mayrhofer October 8, 2014

Hi,

if anyone else is looking for a solution: Now I am using Vimium that is a Google Chrome Extension and provides keyboard shortcuts for navigation.
This works fine for my work process.

Cheers,
Eva

0 votes
Eva Mayrhofer April 24, 2013

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your suggestion. I give it a try although it is not quite what I was looking for.

I often use the search-functionality of Confluence for inserting links, copy the found link and then I switch to Advanced and add #anchor-name to the copied text. Usually, this link to the anchor-position worked fine. Only the need to change to the mouse bothered me.
Maybe it's time to change my workflow and insert the links by pasting the URL.

Eva

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events