Just migrated from cloud to server and there is no admin user (no external db)

admin August 21, 2017

I can not log in because my admin doesnt work. and I can not resend pw because there is no email configured. Isn´t it strange that I have done a migration with 1 user (admin) and now it is not loggable?

2 answers

0 votes
admin August 23, 2017

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

The docs say a system admin account called sysadmin with a password of sysadmin will be created in the export, and you'll need to use that to grant users the rights they need

admin August 22, 2017

Unfortunately that doesn´t work, and that page of the documentation seems deleted

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017
admin August 22, 2017

We are talking about Confluence server, not Jira, right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2017

Ah, sorry, I went for the standard bookmarks.

IT's https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/migrate-from-confluence-cloud-to-server-724765578.html

Which uses the same user and password, so it's the same problem.

Your options if you've forgotton what you changed the password to are:

• Re-import the Cloud backup, as it'll have sysadmin/sysadmin in it
  • Hack the password in the database.  This might be hard if you're using the internal demo database though
admin August 22, 2017

I have reinstalled everything, no errors, PostgreSQL ok, license ok, cloud backup ok, and same error: sysadmin user/pw does not work. 

:(

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2017

Let's go the "hack the password in the database" route mentioned by Nic: 

Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights

Since you are using PostgreSQL and not the embedded database, it is pretty straightforward.

admin August 22, 2017

I am following that guide, useful, but I am still trying to achieve the first step (DBV installed and connected to the DB)

Sin título.png

That code goes...?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2017

I don't understand the question.  You say you are stuck on the first step and then paste in a query that is the next step.  In neither case do you explain the problem you are having.

Where are you actually stuck?

admin August 22, 2017

This code: where shoud I paste it in DBVisualiser. It is connected to de DB, I have been looking for that some kind of box to type but I just find menus and buttons... 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2017

Ah, ok.  I don't know, I don't use DBVisualiser.  I go with command line mostly.  There should be an option for "run plain sql" somewhere in it.

admin August 22, 2017

Ty for your patience, Nic. I am learning a ton today.

I found it but it only shows in paid version...

The other command line is not the command prompt, is it?

admin August 22, 2017

Or Query tool into PostgreSQL Admin?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2017

You are right, it's not quite the same thing as a command line.

When I said command line, I'm thinking of the database command line.  For postgres, you usually install the server along with "psql" as a client.  It's not pretty, you just run your sql or service commands by typing things and get plain text output, but it does the basics in a minimal way.

admin August 22, 2017

Ok ty very much. I think it is enough for now, I feel there is something not very well done by me in the db install process. 

By the way is this normal, to have two DBs instead of one?

Sin título.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2017

Yes, postgres stores a load of data about the databases it holds in a database.  You can, and should, ignore the postgres database.

admin August 23, 2017

It may be a problem with the user Confluence uses.

In this guide, step 3, is it mandatory to set a password for that user? the guide doesn´t say so...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2017

Yes, you need a password, as you'll need Confluence to log into the database to use it!

admin August 23, 2017

Ok understood, now this are the rest of the settings, are them ok for the user?

user.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2017

Looks right.

admin August 23, 2017

Thinking out of the box... if I install a blanc or demo space instead a backup from cloud, and then I configure and create a user a usual, and then I go to restore from backup and I try to restore a my cloud backup in the server once installed, Will it work? os is it necesary to configure as confluence backup since the beggining?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2017

Yes, importing into a working confluence will be fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events