cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Confluence Articles Restrict based on user

Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2021

Hi folks,

Wanna ask, if you have a Jira service desk portal (just one) and you have lots of people with access there, is possible somehow to display some articles from the confluence, when they are using the search bar to some, and other articles to others?

I know this sounds wired but we want in the same portal, if the users are using the search box where you get confluence articles, to restrict what articles some of them see.

Any suggestion will help.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Hi Albert,

you can't use labels as a way of restricting access to an article.

For example, if you create a knowledge base article and add the label "display", and then create another article and don't add the label "display" – the page without the label will still display in the search. Adding labels are a way to filter related articles, not assign viewing permissions.

If you need to restrict an article so that only certain users can view it, do this through knowledge base settings and permissions.

1. In Jira Service Management > Knowledge Base > Access viewing > select 'Only licensed users who have access to the space'
  2. Provide Confluence access for your customers (consuming a license)
  3. Provide view only space access to the knowledge base

Hope this helps,

Dave

Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2021

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

We currently use the portal just for customers, that means they do not have an license assigned, and I don't think this will change in the feature as we handle over 40.000 customers.

I need a way of displaying some articles to some customers and some to others...and until now I couldn't find a solution to do this in the same portal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events