It seems that inserting a group of Jira issues in a Confluence page using the Jira Issues macro isn't honoring the underlying filter's sort order. I've attempted to address this through the use of Bob Swift's great Table-Plus macro (why aren't those capabilities baked into Confluence??!!) ... but my attempts to specify a default sort column in that way have also failed.
Anybody run into this before? Any help is greatly appreciated.
I believe what I've run into is simply a problem with the versino of the Jira Macro plugin we're currently using. Until we update to the latest version of Confluence, however, we're not able to update the macro plugin. I'll call this answered for now and am hopeful that once we complete the necessary upgrades, the problem will be resolved.
Thanks that works. I only used a filter in there because that's what the suggested text is and then I find out it ignores the order by clause. Infuriating. Now I've copied the filter query in directly it is ordering.
Still not working for me. It does not honor the sort even when using jql.
project = UTH AND issuetype in (Bug, Commissions, Story, Task) AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY rank asc
its an issue for me too. The query I am using is -
project = "ZRB" AND fixVersion is not EMPTY ORDER BY fixVersion DESC
the list in JIRA has the issues ordered in descending. But when this is made a JIRA Chart in confluence, its sorting in ascending and not descending. Any idea how do I get the chart in confluence displayed in descending order?
Same issue, same complaint.
We've created filters with sort orders that are used through out our organization, so that when we change or adjust a filter everyone gets the benefit without needing to edit / change a bunch of separate JQL.
When using those filters, we need to just say "filter=foobar".
We then need any use of those filters to honor the entire filter instead of only a portion of it, otherwise it significantly devalues the benefit of using filters.
LIke others above
Same Issue, Same Complain.
It would be nice to define a filter and then use that filter multiple times. That's kind of the point of filters.
This seems like a pretty stupid bug to still have
I'd like to log a new Improvement request. The latest version of Confluence allows to you sort the table after the fact, but still does not respect the filter's ordering when defined. Seems to me like when I'm creating a document I am doing so to define the way I want data displayed to recipients, and if they have to interact with the document in order to see the information in the way I wanted to display it, something is missing.
Created an improvement request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35323
It has been nearly three years and this issue appears to still be broken. The suggestion in the above comments is that we go to a closed ticket in whose comments a plugin vendor offers a solution we have to pay for.
Controlling the default sort of any table or report is one of the most basic functions possible. Why is this still not fixed?
2018 and this issue still hasn't been addressed. How is that possible? Its such a basic property. I prefer to not use a JQL query. I have saved filters that are shared among Confluence and Kanban boards.
I also have a filter in Jira written in JQL that contains custom field criteria, and ORDER BY statement, and also custom filter columns.
When the filter gets embedded in my confluence page, I lose the custom filter columns and the ORDER BY property.
I can work around the custom filter columns by manually selecting the columns to display (interestingly, the column names are displayed in their multilingual translation that I translated), but there doesn't seem to be a way to set the default sorting. Currently I have to teach my users to manually click on the sorting twice to get the proper descending sort.
Would be great if the embedded filter would simply honour the original JIRA sort properties and custom columns.
Just found out that I can paste the JQL directly in the macro instead of the ?filter=xxx and it works.
Not as clean as being able to just reference the filter number though, because, of course, if I change the filter criteria I need to update the JQL in the macro again.
Thanks for the suggesion ... unfortunately I had already found and implemented Bob's post to no avail regarding sorting ... sounds like I should reply to that post and see if he has any direction.
If anyone is still having this problem I stumbled on something that worked for me. Created a custom filter in Jira including the 'order by'. Then in Confluence use 'filter = "FILTERNAME" order by key asc'. Adding the 'order by' in both seems to work.
Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events