Jira Issue macro in confluence pointing to wrong domain

In confluence, I am able to successfully insert a "Jira Issue Macro" retrieved from our Jira Server, however, once I insert the macro and click on the link, the URL points me to the Jira's local host address (shown below in Application URL) and not the "Display URL" our domain name... any suggestions on getting this configuration working?

3 answers

Is your JIRA baseurl set to reflect your expected external address?

yes, Base url is configured correctly.

Curious, and if you use the displayURL as the application URL?

Hey there,

There is this page (created last November) that revolves around having a proxy in front of JIRA. I was dealing with that page and I was wondering how you solved this, after all. Or is this issue still valid and you found a workaround?

Theo

Hey there, I'm the developer who wrote the Confluence-JIRA integration. If you entered the wrong url, then I've found that it's better to just delete the Application Link and start over. Yeah, that's crap but I didn't write that part ;)

If you're entering the correct URL and Application Links is still using localhost for the JIRA url then this means you've not configured your base url in JIRA correctly. This is where it has to be getting this url.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,362 views 24 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you