Jira Issue Macro with alternate displays?

I'm trying to use the Jira Issue Macro in Confluence to create a dynamic table on information. Currently I'm displaying a single Jira Issue, but I can't control what pieces of information are displayed about that issue. I'd like to display an issue but add/remove relevent Jira attributes to that issue. Is there no way to do this without writing my own macro? This is a big problem for OnDemand customers because we can't add our own macros (serious bummer). I could use the table, but it's so limiting. I have a more compact display of multiple issues. Is there a way to change the display of multiple issues?

1 answer

0 vote

Hello Charlie,

I believe what you are trying to accomplish if I understand your question fully is to have the JIRA issue macro display More than a single issue from multiple projects, as well as edit the Fields that are displayed.

If this is correct this can be accomplished by inserting the Macro and using a JQL query in the search field to narrow down the results to the desired result range (The Query can be as simple as a single project or as complex as you need it to be, see Advanced Searching for more information)

exe JQL for multiple project search: Project = "Demonstration Project" or Project = "Test Project"

You can select from the issues listed in the search, or select all issues. Then to edit the content of the table sleect Display options at the bottom to determin which fields will be displayed as columns.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

455 views 18 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you