Jira Dashboard with Attachments

עמית ריחיים
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 26, 2023

Hi there,

Is it possible to create a dashboard in Jira that will contain in a some sort of a table view, along with simple columns like "name" and description, also the attachments that are linked to the issue and that the attachments will be shown as a picture?

In addition, if the above is possible, is it also possible to see only attachments that have a certain name? For example, I want to see all the issues in the view but in the attachment column - only the attachments that are called "Test".

I've tried to create a dashboard and to achieve what I described but I couldn't add the attachments field to any widget. 

I would just say that if its not possible as a widget in the dashboard but possible as a different view in Jira, It will be great too. 

Thank you for your help.

Amit. 

2 answers

0 votes
geetha_bp April 20, 2024

You can attach the documents to any issue type in jira then you can go to Description.

Press + select attachments on this issue and you will find the recent attachments.  Click the attachment you want to save in description.

cap 1.PNG

you will see the attachment in the description and then save it.

Cap 2.PNGcreate a dashboard and any filter drop down select the Description and will show you only the attachment file name.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2023

Hi @עמית ריחיים , welcome to the community.

Unfortunately, there is no means of listing the attachments within a filter list or other gadget. Attachments are not associated with a specific field which would be required for displaying in a list.

geetha_bp April 20, 2024

Hello ,

I have a suggestion for this.

geetha_bp April 20, 2024

Cap 2.PNGcap 1.PNG

geetha_bp April 20, 2024

Go to any issue type and add the attachments.  Later save the same in description field which is shown above by clicking + add the attachments on this issue.  Create the dashboard, add the filters, select the description field in drop down.

geetha_bp April 20, 2024

Jira Dashboard ; you can see the attachment in description and when you click the file name it will download.

cap 3.PNG

geetha_bp April 20, 2024

You can finally see the attachments in JIRA Dashboard.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events