Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JavaScript using the HTML macro returns nothing

aubrey.smith June 14, 2018

Good morning,

I am very new to JavaScript, but am trying to get a Statuspage.io private page to display as a widget on a Confluence page. Confluence is a core tool for our department, and so there is great benefit to having the Statuspage feed displaying on pages for various team spaces.

I have created a new page new page on my personal space, interted the HTML macro, and then inserted the following code;

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://cdn.statuspage.io/se-v2.js"></script>
<script>
	var sp = new StatusPage.page({ page : 'XXXXXXXXXXpx', apiKey : 'XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX' });
	sp.incidents({
 		success : function(data) {
		console.log(data.incidents[0].name);
    		}
	  });
</script>

The publishes fine, but the macro returns no data from Statuspage.io

I know I must be missing something obvious, but need a bit of guidance please. I have read the support document for using the HTML macro, but didn't get further with it, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Aubrey

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
aubrey.smith June 15, 2018

It's too late for javascript to execute in the body of a macro - the <head> section of the code is effectively ignored because the <head> of the page has already been completed before the body of the page starts.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/HTML-macro/qaq-p/310168

0 votes
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2018

Best practice is to store Javascript towards the end (before the end body tag).

However, if the Statuspage is in trial mode, the widget won't work - this happened to me several times (I manage multiple pages for Symantec). Admittedly haven't tried to embed it into a Confluence page though.

Thanks,
Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events