Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JavaScript bug in Edge?

Raul Comerzan January 18, 2017

Hello guys,

I found a issue in Confluence, working in Microsoft Edge browser and I want to know if is an issue from Atlassian or from Microsoft.

I tried to add some inline comments in confluence and I got some errors, for example:

I have a space with four sub-spaces

image2017-1-19 10:35:46.png

• On the first sub-space "Checklist for CMM" I tried to add a inline comment, it worked with no problem.

image2017-1-19 10:39:29.png

• On the second sub-space "Guidelines for CMM" I tried to add an inline commend but I received the following error: Could not save the comment

image2017-1-19 10:43:1.png

The only difference on this page and the first one is a table of content.

I tried to add inline comments on other pages with or without "tables of contents" and it seems to be the same problem(in Microsoft Edge only).

In Chrome browser it seems to be no problem in any of these cases.

So what you think about this issue?!

Thanks in advance,
Raul 

2 answers

0 votes
Raul Comerzan January 18, 2017

Hi @Rob Woodgate,

And you saying, the only solution is to use another Browser?

In the same time i don't know if the only issues is from Edge or HTML5 because the same case on Internet Explorer working just fine and Confluence is supported on Edge browser.

Thanks!

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Hi Raul,

Atlassian might support using Confluence on Edge, but that doesn't mean that Edge deals with HTML5 in the same way as the other major browsers (specifically Chrome, Firefox and Safari).

There might be something that Atlassian can do to fix this issue by telling Confluence to deal with Edge differently - and they're much more likely to do something to fix this in Confluence than Microsoft are to fix this in Edge - but from a fair amount of experience I can tell you that Edge and IE simply do not deal with HTML5 as well as the other major browsers.

I've got nothing against Microsoft (some of their products and innovations are fantastic, and a lot of the grief they get is unwarranted and ignorant) but when it comes to browsers they're just not very good.  If you can't or don't want to use another browser then you need to raise a support ticket with Atlassian and ask them to investigate.

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Hi Raul,

If it's only happening in Edge, it's an Edge problem. 

For historical reasons Microsoft have never fully embraced open standards in the way that other browser developers had, and the result is that Edge and IE don't always work as well with modern HTML5 applications like Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events