Java heap space : failure while Restore XML Backup Data

zhu zhu September 24, 2015

I am facing the above error while restoring XML data backup of Confluence (4.2.2). My Confluence version is 5.1.4

I got java.lang.OutOfMemory: Java HeapSpace

I made the following changes-

I Changed the catalina.bat file setting CATALINA_OPTS= -Xms512m -Xmx1024m in plugin directory

I tried giving the atlas-run --jvmargs "-Xmx1024"

Also I tried setting the MAVEN_OPTS= --Xms512m-Xmx1024min the atlas-run.bat

Is there anything needed to change apart from the above steps.

Now i can’t complete version upgrade Kindly help me out on this.

Regards,

3 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2015

Hi Zhu,

I also recommend to increase the XMS to the same value as the XMX to discourage the Garbage collector and increase performance. As Nic said, the XMX is the target to be increased here.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2015

Hello,

In addition to Nic's answer, you can also follow the below guide for instructions on how to increase the available heap memory in case you're running Confluence as a service:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+fix+out+of+memory+errors+by+increasing+available+memory

Regards,
LM 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2015

You've managed to hit almost every memory setting except the one you actually need to.  Put the settings for catalina.bat and atlas-run.bat back the way you found them.  Catalina is a default which is overridden later, and atlas-run has nothing to do with the installation as it's about a Confluence on an SDK, which you probably don't want to be importing into because it's for development, not testing anyway.

Find setenv.bat in the bin directory, adjust the -Xmx setting in there.

zhu zhu September 28, 2015

I edited the setenv.bat,but useless and still Java HeapSpace,so what should i do?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2015

No idea, what's the new error?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events