Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Issue Upon Fresh Install

Audra April 18, 2017

I had an issue with my Confluence where the service kept stopping itself and, although I contacted support, we decided that just reinstalling it would be to our benefit. Unfortunately now , right after a fresh reinstall (where I restarted the server prior) I've gotten an error page with this as the cause:

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'isShowSignUp' in class com.atlassian.confluence.user.actions.LoginAction threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException: Application cannot be null at /login.vm[line 6, column 28]
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:337)
caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Application cannot be null
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:226)

I'm sure it's a java issue, but I don't understand what is going on.

1 answer

0 votes
Marcelo Horlle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2017

Hey Audra,

There is a CAC Knowledge Base Article that can be helpful to assist you with this issue! 

It is intended to help fixing issues on instances facing exactly the same issue as you are facing. Why don't you take a look on the documentation and see if it helps on your case as well? You can find it here

Have a great day ahead! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events