Jasper report for confluence 5

Christophe Bonvin July 17, 2013

Hello,

Is there a jasper report plugin for confuence 5 ?

Thanl you.

Christophe

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

Jasper Reports for Confluence has not been updated for Confluence 4/5 due to lack of demand. Some significant work was done to update it, but that was halted months ago. JSPR-8 has no votes for instance and you are the first to ask about it over the past year that I am aware of.

Christophe Bonvin July 18, 2013

Thank you Bob for the very quick answer. I would also like to thank you for the great plugin you have developed which make confluence greater.

My issue for Jasper is that I want to make a report with a group by clause, where only a few fields are different between a couple of lines.

field1field2field3field4

aaabbbcccddd

aaabbbeeeddd

aaabbbfffddd

aaaggghhhiii

for example the result of my sql. I want to have a report showing something like

field1field2field3field4

aaabbbcccddd

eee

fff

aaaggghhhiii

So kind of removing the value of the not first occurence in the group. I use Jasper to produce the report using the group count function and then replacing the field with "" if the value is not one.

Any idea how this could be solved with SQL on Oracle ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Chirstophe

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

Not sure, but, often you can use a case statement to do something similar. Another option would be a temporary table. Usually, things like this can be done in SQL, it is just more complex to get it working.

0 votes
Christophe Bonvin July 18, 2013

I finally used the

row_number() over(partition by f_ref order by f_ref)

to get the numbering of the changing rows, and use that in a case statement. Works perfect. But Jasper is still nice to produce nice pdf...

I have voted for it

Thank you

0 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2013

We do not have a published plugin for this - but also recently integrated JasperSoft with Confluence and JIRA - and so would be happy to share info around this. Write us if you'd like to discuss your use case, and what you are trying to accomplish.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events