JSM users cant see issue via Jira Macro in Confluence

Normann P_ Nielsen _Netic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2023

I guess the Question states the problem:

JSM users cant see issue via Jira Macro in Confluence

Via the App Link - and since they dont have a Jira license, the Macro fails:

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 13.02.10.png

1 answer

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

Hi @Normann P_ Nielsen _Netic_ 

This use case is documented here.

Reagrds

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2023

Sure, its documented, but not really realitic to use option 1. I will not set is as described, our Jira is public.

Options 2 - costs money and its quite "stupid" as users also gain real jira access.

So I was hoping for some god hints or perhaps an App, that solves the issue somehow...

Option 3 ? Atlassian fixing it, and perhaps update the jira macro a bit...

Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2023

@Normann P_ Nielsen _Netic_ 

I am the product manager for Jira Snapshots for Confluence . We have customers using our App to address precisely your use case.

With this app, everyone with access to the Confluence page sees the same view, no matter what their Jira access is (or even if they do not have a Jira license).

The App is available both for Cloud and DC. If you need a server license contact our support desk (support@radbee.com)

I hope this helps,

Rina

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2023

Hi @Rina Nir 

We will take a look at it, but i doubt that I will get $12000 for the purchase. But we will take a look, thanks :-)

BR,

Normann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events