JQL for Epic in Next Gen Dashboard

Ganesh Alalasundaram September 12, 2019

Hi Team,

I am new to jira and I need to filter Epics by name or link to show up in my backlog. The problem i face with the Next Gen dashboard is

1. When i try using epic link in jql, the backlog does not show the epic name

2. When i use epic name in jql, the backlog shows the epic name but not the linked issues (like stories, sub tasks etc).

can someone help me in this! 

Sample query i used:

project = "PROJECTNAME" AND "Epic Name" in ("ABC", "ABC1")  AND issuetype in (standardIssueTypes(), subTaskIssueTypes(), Bug, Epic, Story, Task, Sub-task) AND status in ("ToDo","InProgress") ORDER BY Rank ASC 

1 answer

0 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2019

Hi @Ganesh Alalasundaram

Just to confirm - you're looking to search for issues under Epics in Next-Gen?

You can use "parent = " as an alternative - so for example:

project = XXX and parent in (XXX-001, XXX-002)

^ This will locate the issues - but if you're looking to visualise the Epics in an issue search (i.e via the column view) - this isn't possible at this stage. 

There is an enhancement being progressed to enhance this feature - see JSWCLOUD-17239

Ste

Ganesh Alalasundaram September 15, 2019

Thanks @Ste , the goal of my query is to visualise the epics and the related issues under the backlog. 

Ex: I have A,B,C as epics and D,E,F as A's user story.. How can i get the backlog as (A,D,E,F) and B alone? Probably this work item is being worked as enhancement feature. Is there any other way i can achieve it?

Thanks for your response.

Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2019

Hi @Ganesh Alalasundaram

To create an issue search for those issues - you could do:

key in (Epic-A, Epic-B) or parent = Epic-A

However reading above you mention how do I make the backlog show just Epic A and its issues - if this is the Next-Gen backlog on your board this is not yet possible as board filters haven't been released for Next-Gen boards.

Alternatively, you can filter out Epics from the board - up at the top of the Next-Gen board is a drop-down - "Epic" - where you can choose to visualise or hide Epics depending on your needs.

Ste

Ganesh Alalasundaram September 15, 2019

Thanks @Ste ! Awaiting for the next release. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events