Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPEG attachment compression

Chema Guerra August 16, 2018

Hello,

we've been using confluence for our product documentation for many years already, server originally and now we moved to the cloud version.

The JPEG attachments seem to be highly recompressed once uploaded, to the point of being destructive to the images, and that's not really acceptable for a product which is all about producing high quality images.

I couldn't find any way to control the amount of JPEG compression, and I don't really want to switch everything to PNG as it's already slow enough to load a page full of JPEGs.

Is there something to do about it?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Colin Elliot December 2, 2021

BUMP. 

Same issue here. the image I upload is a high-quality PNG. It gets smashed down to an unreadable mess when I add it to my confluence page. I have tried @2x as well as exporting images that are the exact size as displayed on the page @1x. 

How can I retain the original image quality?

ORIGINAL (haha, it got crushed when I uploaded it to here - but not so much as the one below has)

original.png

Screenshot of the crushed image in my page. 

crushed by compression.png

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

Hi! 

One possible way is export all data and change the jpg to png. 

Then change in xml the jpg to png. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events