JIRAISSUES macro results in expired certificate error in Confluence

Using JRIA 5.1.1 and Confluence 4.1.5.

I've created a page that has the JIRAISSUES macro embedded in it. After I added the properties to the macro and ran a test, I got an expired certificate error message (attached). My admin tells me we have trusted application permissions set between JIRA and Confluence. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this error?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Ah, I've run into this - your administrators need to generate or get a new certificate and install it on the Jira server in place of the old one.

Thanks, Nic. I will pass that bit of info along to our admin! Much obliged...

Hi Ken,

This problem could arise because there is a time difference between JIRA and Confluence server. Hence in order to fix this, you may try to synchronize the clock for both of the server.

More details on this, kindly refer to the following KB article:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/CertificateTooOldException+when+Configuring+Trusted+Communication

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Ahmad. I've now reviewed the Confluence issue and passed along to my admin. Hoping that resolves the issue! :-)

0 votes

Ah, I've run into this - your administrators need to generate or get a new certificate and install it on the Jira server in place of the old one.

How can one get around this without regenerating the cert? It should be possible to tell the macro to ignore the server error.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,098 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you