Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA ticket details in Edit mode

chris.atkinson July 18, 2019

Has anyone been able to keep the details of the JIRA ticket displayed when in Edit mode?  It's really annoying when there are multiple tickets on the page and you can't just see the information but have to go to preview/publish.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2019

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
I'm not sure if we are on the same page, but with the new Confluence editor, when we use the Jira macro, it shows the information about the ticket on edit mode. You can find more details on the documentation below:
- Confluence Editing Improvements
The old editor does not show information about tickets, only the issue key. There is a feature request related to that:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-24448

If that's not the case, can you share with us a screenshot of how it appears on your Confluence? It will help us better understand and help you with this request.

Regards,
Angélica

chris.atkinson August 2, 2019

Hi,

Yes the new confluence editor is great... any chance I can update all my confluence pages to use the new editor easily?!

Chris 

Avinoam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2019

yes @chris.atkinson . Simply open a support request for it here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 6, 2019

Hi @chris.atkinson,

Yes, it's possible to move the pages to use the new editor, so I created a ticket with our support, so they will have all the necessary access to perform this.
You should have received a notification and soon someone will contact you.

Regards,
Angélica

chris.atkinson October 14, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz 

Is there some documentation on how to move pages to use the new editor?  I may have missed the contact from support!

Regards,

Chris

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 15, 2019

Hi Chris,

I saw the ticket and they mentioned that eventually the old editor will be removed and all current pages will be automatically converted to the new editor.

Currently, the best option would be to create pages and manually move the content from one page to another.

You can check the ticket directly in the portal:

Regards,
Angélica

Like chris.atkinson likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events