Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA issue macro and recent dates

Anita Suri December 20, 2021

I'm having an issue with the way the JIRA issues macro renders the "Resolved" date. I noticed that for some dates (in the more recent past) it will show day of the week + time whereas for dates prior to that, it will show in MM/DD/YY + time format. Is there a way to force it to always show MM/DD/YY? I'm trying to build tables/charts using this field and the inconsistency is a problem.

Example:

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 2.29.18 PM.png

I'm not sure why this is happening because in JIRA itself, when I look at this field, the format is always MM/DD/YY:

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 2.29.35 PM.png

3 answers

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Anita Suri ,

We can suggest using our app that is Table Filter and Charts for Confluence to aggregate and visualize the Jira Issues macro.

Our macros "understand" the pretty recent Jira dates correctly and transform them into the standard format. Here is an example:

Tue 2-1.pngTue 2-2.pngAnd here are the examples of the Jira dashboards that you'll be able to create right in Confluence. The only difference for you as a Cloud user will be the Table Toolbox macro used to nest several macros. Other steps will be the same.

Anita Suri December 21, 2021

I was actually trying to use this info to build charts using your app. Nice to see you have a solution for this piece. Thanks for the screenshots!

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2021

If you get stuck somewhere, please submit a support request - attach your screenshots of the Jira Issues macro' output, describe the required chart or pivot and we'll guide you through the case.

1 vote
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2022

Hi there,

As this question mentions our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, we are happy to introduce its new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

The new macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view and edit modes.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Anita Suri

This is a known issue and atlassian won't fix it.  There is a workaround posted here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-41529

Regards 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events