JIRA Macro - Is there a way to use it on a Confluence page in view mode?

Hello everyone,

I have configured the JIRA Macro successfully in Confluence, but my company has two requirements which I am not sure I can address with it.

1) Users should not be able to click on the displayed JIRA issues, since they are not supposed to see their issues in JIRA itself. This would effectively mean disabling the links from the JIRA issues displayed in the Confluence page. Is this possible? How?

2) I can create a JIRA issue when editing a Confluence page, going to the menu 'Insert -> JIRA issue'. But can this be done, in some other way, without editing the page? The final goal would be for a client without any knowledge whatsoever about Confluence to come into one of our Confluence pages, and simply create the issue in there in the most straightforward way.

I have searched on both these two topics, but did not get any info so far. So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

Eduardo

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Eduardo,

I strongly believe there is no way to accomplish both questions. What you could do is to open a feature request on those. This link can help you on that: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Creating+a+Feature+Request

I'll leave this question open so other people can help too.

Regards,

Rodrigo Girardi Adami

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

155 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you