JIRA Links on Confluence Page

Nitin Bhatia September 1, 2020

Hi,

I'm created confluence page and a JIRA project for a system build. I've started a backlog of user stories and add a link to the confluence page for the requirements. However when I go to the page, I don't see the JIRA links up on the top next to the breadcrumb. Similar to the image below. I made sure the links between the two were setup correctly and I've given it a few hours since those links were established. Am I missing anything?

Jira Confluence integration - maintain traceability

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2020

Hi @Nitin Bhatia 

The screenshot looks like an older version of Confluence Cloud (the Legacy Editor), or Confluence Server.

I tested this on our instance, on the New Editor - and this list does not seem to appear. I linked a Jira issue to a Confluence Page via Linked Issues.

Edit: I just checked again and it has now updated to include the "Jira Links" button. It did take a few hours for it to arrive though! Perhaps try logging out/in if it hasn't appeared for you - or check if any other user on your instance can see it.

Ste

Nitin Bhatia September 8, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

I had posted that screenshot from one of the blogs since I couldn't get it to work on my Confluence instance. Here's the link to that blog - https://www.atlassian.com/blog/confluence/link-jira-issues-to-confluence-pages-automatically (under #6)

We have been using the Legacy Editor since there are certain feature that don't work right in the New Editor. Did you get it to work on the Legacy Editor as well?

I did all these steps last week:

Here's what I did, I've created a user story, pull it into a sprint (have not started the sprint but don't think that should matter) and associated the page to that user story. See screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 9.13.26 AM.png

I logged out this morning, closed all the windows and just to be safe used a completely different computer and browser. I still didn't see it. Not sure if it has anything to do with the Legacy Editor. See image below (I've covered up some of the details on purpose)

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 9.18.18 AM.png

Am I doing something wrong?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events