Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Issue links do not resolve on Confluence pages after migration to cloud

Niranjan Deshpande December 12, 2022

Our jira and confluence server instances were recently migrated to cloud.

When being on server, I had a lot of Confluence pages that had JIRA issue links (simply copied from the browser address bar and pasted into the Confluence page). These links resolved into a formatted jira issue link after pasting (no specific macro was used). So, the end result was, when the page was saved, the links showed nicely and displayed the icon of the JIRA issue along with the title of the issue.

After migration to cloud, all of these confluence pages started showing this in places where the links to the jira issues were mentioned: 

'jira' : Unable to locate JIRA server for this macro. It may be due to Application Link configuration 

What can be done to fix these pages all at one go? Why are these links appearing to be broken? Is the new formatter on Confluence cloud not backward compatible? As I said I simply pasted the links into the pages, no specific macro used. Why isn't the Cloud migration accounting for these simple things and users need to fix them (if that is the only way out)? JIRA links should resolve regardless before / after migration.

Is this an issue with the formatter on Confluence Cloud or a jira-confluence application link configuration issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2023

Hi @Niranjan Deshpande ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Yes, after Migration all the link will broke So You need to create a Migrate ticket with Atlassian team. They will resolve this issue from the cloud Backend data base.

As you know this is Post-Migration activity and It is Atlassian Migration team responsibility to resolve all the Broken link after Migration. So they will run one query in the cloud data base to fix all the Broken links.

Please Accept the Answer If it helps you.

Regards,

Sanjen Bariki

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events