JIRA Issue/Filter show more than 1000 Issues

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

Hi there,

is it possible to show more than 1000 Issues in a table, when using the JIRA Issue/Filter macro?

While Configuring the macro, you are able to choose how many issues shall be shown. Beneath this field it tells you to keep blank if you want to see all issues.

--> If you leave blank it fills in 1000 automatically.

So, when you have more than 1000 issues, the filter will just show the first 1000.

Then I thought, if i use a table filter macro additionally, i could see the issues i want (because the amount of issues will be lower than 1000).

But what happens is, that the additional Filter does only give you the output of the first 1000 issues, that are shown with your basic Filter, defined in the JIRA Issue/Filter macro.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Best Regards

Alex

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2016

Alexander;

Try the following URL buddy or ask your admin if you are not the admin (server install).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/exporting-a-filter-result-containing-more-than-1000-issues-191500982.html

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2016

Thank you!

Can you tell me if this brings any lack of performance to the system?

Gary Fitzgerald August 8, 2019

I have the same issue as Alexander. The answer above seems to only apply to exporting. 

Any ideas on how to increase the JIRA Issue/Filter show more than 1000 Issues?

0 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2016

The 1000 issue limit is a setting in Jira. If you need it changed, you'll need to speak with your JIRA Systems administrator.

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2016

But we have no limit set in our JIRA Instance.

+ at the end of the Confluence Page (output of JIRA issue/filter) there is the link to JIRA where all issues are shown.

link_to_jira.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events