JIRA Filter Results Not Showing in Confluence

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2014

I'm testing out Confluence and trying to get it to connect to JIRA to show filter results using the JIRA Issue/Filter macro. However no results are shown. The table headers are listed, and the number of results are shown at the bottom of the table (Showing 20 out of 316 issues).

image2014-12-10 15:30:35.png

When I'm entering the filter information (In this case filter=19620) it states No search results found, which is odd and I guess my first clue.

image2014-12-10 15:30:58.png

I've tried the JIRA Reports page macro and that seems OK. I can pick from a list of projects and fix versions and the pie charts plot correctly.

image2014-12-10 15:33:39.png

JIRA v6.3.8 is on it's own server behind an Apache Reverse Proxy with SSL (Running on the same server). The Application Link between JIRA and Confluence linked up OK (I had to add to add the JIRA certificate to the certificate store on Confluence and add each server to -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts and -Dhttps.nonProxyHosts so it doesn't use the proxy to find the other server). I turned off the Apache server and ran JIRA over http and port 8080 and still no results were shown.

Confuence is currently running v5.6.5 on another server with the default settings (http port 8090).

Does anyone have any ideas for how I can fix this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2015

I finally found the problem.
We had modified the following file
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\jira-config.properties
with the following parameters

jira.search.views.max.limit = -1
jira.search.views.default.max = -1

This allows us to return all search results.

Anyway the main problem was caused by the line

jira.search.views.max.limit = -1

If I removed this line, then the link results in Confluence worked fine.
Also if I keep the line but use a positive value it also works.
Currently I'm using the following.

jira.search.views.max.limit = 10000
jira.search.views.default.max = 10000
Roman Samorodov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2016

No such file found on my computer.

Where can I find theese parameters?

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2016

This is a file on the JIRA server in the JIRA home directory

Roman Samorodov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2016

Well, I said that there is no jira-config.properties file on my server in any directory.

But I resolved my issue. I enabled oauth in my application links and JIRA Filter results appeared.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2014

What if you try a normal JQL? Does that work? For example, project = XYZ.

If that works, I am guessing the problem is with the filter permissions. Maybe the confluence user doesn't have access to that filter.

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2014

Hi, thanks for the reply, I've tried assignee = currentUser() and resolution = Unresolved and also project = JIRA with the same result. No issues listed, but the summary of total number of issues found is correct for the filter.

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2014

Looking at the log files, for Apache I can see the request which returns with a result of OK (200) "GET /sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?tempMax=20&returnMax=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+JIRA+&field=summary&field=type&field=created&field=updated&field=due&field=assignee&field=reporter&field=priority&field=status&field=resolution&field=link HTTP/1.1" 200 858 Can't see any problems in the atlassian-jira.log or the atlassian-confluence.log files.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2014

Okay, it looks like that's not working. You should install the AppLinks Diagnostics add-on from the Atlassian Marketplace and ensure your application links are good to go. If you are still having issues, you may want to open another question or a support ticket with Atlassian staff.

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2014

Hi thanks for pointing out the diagnostics add-on. I've installed that and all tests passed. I'll discuss it further with Atlassian support. Will update this if I get any further information.

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2015

Just to update I'm still discussing this with Atlassian support. We're no closer to resolving the problem.

RentalHost June 2, 2019

:(  Same problem.  It says you can search but no filters come up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events