I'm testing out Confluence and trying to get it to connect to JIRA to show filter results using the JIRA Issue/Filter macro. However no results are shown. The table headers are listed, and the number of results are shown at the bottom of the table (Showing 20 out of 316 issues).
When I'm entering the filter information (In this case filter=19620) it states No search results found, which is odd and I guess my first clue.
I've tried the JIRA Reports page macro and that seems OK. I can pick from a list of projects and fix versions and the pie charts plot correctly.
JIRA v6.3.8 is on it's own server behind an Apache Reverse Proxy with SSL (Running on the same server). The Application Link between JIRA and Confluence linked up OK (I had to add to add the JIRA certificate to the certificate store on Confluence and add each server to -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts and -Dhttps.nonProxyHosts so it doesn't use the proxy to find the other server). I turned off the Apache server and ran JIRA over http and port 8080 and still no results were shown.
Confuence is currently running v5.6.5 on another server with the default settings (http port 8090).
Does anyone have any ideas for how I can fix this?
I finally found the problem.
We had modified the following file
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\jira-config.properties
with the following parameters
jira.search.views.max.limit = -1
jira.search.views.default.max = -1
This allows us to return all search results.
Anyway the main problem was caused by the line
jira.search.views.max.limit = -1
If I removed this line, then the link results in Confluence worked fine.
Also if I keep the line but use a positive value it also works.
Currently I'm using the following.
jira.search.views.max.limit = 10000
jira.search.views.default.max = 10000
Well, I said that there is no jira-config.properties file on my server in any directory.
But I resolved my issue. I enabled oauth in my application links and JIRA Filter results appeared.
What if you try a normal JQL? Does that work? For example, project = XYZ.
If that works, I am guessing the problem is with the filter permissions. Maybe the confluence user doesn't have access to that filter.
Hi, thanks for the reply, I've tried assignee = currentUser() and resolution = Unresolved and also project = JIRA with the same result. No issues listed, but the summary of total number of issues found is correct for the filter.
Looking at the log files, for Apache I can see the request which returns with a result of OK (200) "GET /sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?tempMax=20&returnMax=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+JIRA+&field=summary&field=type&field=created&field=updated&field=due&field=assignee&field=reporter&field=priority&field=status&field=resolution&field=link HTTP/1.1" 200 858 Can't see any problems in the atlassian-jira.log or the atlassian-confluence.log files.
Okay, it looks like that's not working. You should install the AppLinks Diagnostics add-on from the Atlassian Marketplace and ensure your application links are good to go. If you are still having issues, you may want to open another question or a support ticket with Atlassian staff.
Hi thanks for pointing out the diagnostics add-on. I've installed that and all tests passed. I'll discuss it further with Atlassian support. Will update this if I get any further information.
I attended Atlassian Summit 2019 and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events