Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is possible to resize / crop / downscale / "downsize" the image while upload to confluence?

Kratofil March 8, 2018

Hi everyone,

is it possible to "resize", "downsize", or crop the image automatically when I upload an image?

Example (like Facebook, Instagram does it already) :

original image - 20 MB (6000px)

and after upload it should have around ~ 1 - 2 MB (~2000px)

and maybe set the quality down to reach the file size?

Because my problem, I've got many images with an file size round about 15 - 25 or maybe 30 MB.

And I don't want that all of our users could upload them, because in the end, we haven't enough space for it, if everyone upload everyday pictures with that file size.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Michael

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Wade Lintz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2018

Hello Michael, Thanks for reaching out to community for assistance. Currently the ability to resize automatically during the upload process is a suggested feature.

CONFSERVER-38770
CONFCLOUD-38770

It is possible to limit the maximum size of all uploads. Configuring Attachment Size

Please vote and comment on this feature request for a direct line of communication to our developers. With feature requests, the workflow is moved to the developer team and all further work/updates are moved to the feature request ticket. Although support cannot guarantee the timing of the developer's work, what I can assure you is that there has been internal discussion and investigation on the feature. Now that the developers realize the scope of the feature, they need to take all customers and potentially related issues into account.
Once the workflow shifts to a feature request, we typically close the originating ticket so there will be no confusion or duplication of communication. The ticket can always be reopened if needed. Again, we understand that our products are in the critical path of your business and the issue is with the appropriate team get resolved. I hope this information provides more insight into our feature request process and that you are comfortable resolving the support ticket. If not, please let me know what I can do to assist you and I will be happy to do so.
Also, more information about how features are addressed can be found here: Implementation of New Features Policy

Thank you,
Wade Lintz | Atlassian Support

Kratofil March 8, 2018

Hi Wade,

thank you for your detailed answer!

I've voted and watch the feature request. hopefully they will implement this feature soon.

Thanks, best regards,

Michael

3 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

Yes, I agree that this would be a good feature. So far not implemented. I am struggling with many huge pictures that people upload and then suddenly disk space is starting to be low quickly. I am personally watching those tickets that track disk activity

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-38770

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-38770

Those are "Gathering Interest" so there is a chance that it might be implemented soon. I suggest you to vote and watch those tickets.

Kratofil March 8, 2018

Hi Mirek,

thanks for the links, I've tried to search for something similar, but doesnt found anything.

But now I've voted and watch these tickets!

Hopefully they will be implement this feature soon.

0 votes
Chris Cooke Old Street Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2020

Hmmm, let me check if Sketch for Confluence Image Editing can do this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events