It doesn’t work to convert to Korean only Confluence on our computer Keyboard.

DooHwan JIN January 3, 2019

It doesn’t work to convert to Korean only Confluence on our computer Keyboard.
We use IE in Browser environment and version is 11.0.
In notepad, JIRA, Web browser, it’s possible to convert to Korean so we can make Hwp(word, excel, etc.) out.
Could you let me know why it doesn’t work to convert to Korean only Confluence?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2019

Hello,

You can set a default language in Confluence, and this will get your Confluence set up in Korean.

However, I am unclear exactly what it is you are trying to do. Could you explain a bit what you mean when you say it doesn't work on your keyboard? 

Regards,

Shannon

DooHwan JIN January 7, 2019

It can't convert to Korean on Confluence Page layout.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for confirming. I'm still not sure I understand the issue. It's not possible to convert to Korean on individual pages without the use of 3rd party add-ons or by recreating the page in Korean.

Regarding your keyboard, are you simply trying to change the output method to hangol? If so, this is a setting on your local machine, and does not require any input from Confluence.

If you continue to have issues, please feel free to send us screenshots of the issue, or if you're using a 3rd party add-on, please let us know what that is.

Regards,

Shannon

DooHwan JIN January 8, 2019

Look what I’ve found!  (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-38758)

Thank you for your help.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2019

Hello,

That clarifies things! Thank you. Yes, I am quite familiar with that bug.

You had mentioned you weren't able to switch the layout, but now I see that you were able to, but you weren't able to type the characters. So sorry for the confusion.

Please do vote on the above bug and comment there with your findings.

Let us know if you have any additional questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

DooHwan JIN January 10, 2019

Is it a bug in all versions of IE?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2019

It's been confirmed to occur in IE version 11 with Microsoft IME enabled.

I'm not aware of any users having issues in versions other than 11, but you might want to read through the comments on the bug and subscribe to it in case others report issues in another version of IE.

One of the workarounds is to use Google IME. Could you confirm if this works for you as a workaround?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events