Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the Roadmap Planner Macro in Confluence Cloud

Ryan Chapin December 21, 2018

I am trying to put together a project schedule in a Confluence Cloud instance and it seems that the only out-of-the-box macro is the Roadmap Planner.

When I first set up the cloud instance at the end of November it was working fine.

About a week or so ago, something changed so that now this macro is unusable.

The symptoms are:

It does not render properly in Firefox.  None of the text renders and you cannot read the content in the macro. 

Following is a screenshot from Firefox

rmp-ff-broken.PNG

After you initially create an instance, you cannot edit it.  I switched to Chrome (and yes it is the latest Windows build) and once you create an instance of the Roadmap Planner, you cannot edit it.

When you go back to edit the page, and then edit the macro you can no longer edit any of the existing bars, markers, or lanes.  The wrapping modal window does not render properly and does not show the title bar, or the "Insert" and "Cancel" buttons.  To get out of this mode you have to refresh the page.

Following is what it looks like when editing a brand new instance.  Notice that the "Insert Roadmap Planner" header and the footer with the "Insert" and "Cancel" buttons is visible.

rmp-uneditable-new.png

Following is what it looks like when you go to edit that same instance.  No header and no footer with buttons.

rmp-uneditable.png

Please attempt to reproduce and let me know if there is a work-around.

2 answers

0 votes
EwaBo March 27, 2019

I still see some issues even if the case is resolved. Symptoms: not able to edit, or not able to edit the shapes (line is open for edit but I can't type anything). it's even difficult to describe it's just unstable. Is it the browser? 

Thanks, Ewa 

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2018

Hello Ryan,

The issue you're reported does look to be a reported defect in the product. You can find more about the bug report at CONFCLOUD-59008. We would suggest you vote and watch this issue to receive future updates on its status. I will also link this post as a reported confirmation of the issue.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Ryan Chapin December 26, 2018

Stephen,

Thank you for pointing me to that Jira issue.  I commented on it, posted a link back to this discussion and voted for the issue.

-- Ryan

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events