here are the facts:
- I have two confluence pages: DOC and LIST.
- I have a pdf document called PDF1 in Confluence DOC page.
- I added label called L1 to the pdf document PDF1 in the Confluence DOC page.
- Confluence DOC page itself has no labels.
- In the Content by Label Macro editor, I insert the L1 label in Confluence LIST page.
- the Content by Label Macro preview shows the link format as "Confluence DOC page > PDF1".
- There are no checks in the check boxes for "show labels for each page" and "show space name for each page".
- I would like the link format to be just "PDF1" and omit the page name. Help !
Thank you for raising this, and I hope you are well!
For you, the Attachments Macro is the best route, and I can confirm that this macro is currently available in Confluence Cloud. You can review how to add it to a page by following the documentation on inserting the Attachments macro.
Regarding the feature to exclude the current page, this is a newer feature in Confluence Server, and it hasn't been added to Confluence Cloud at this time. The Server version of this request has since been closed, but you can find the open Cloud request below:
If you're ever looking to exclude a page in the future, there's a workaround provided by a customer in the comments:
For those who don't know, the most viable workaround, which I called "negation of the page title" above, is to set the "With title" filter to have a value of !"Your Page Title Here"
I understand that it's not ideal, since the page name can still be changed, but it should work in a pinch.
Let me know if you have any trouble with the Attachments macro; I'm happy to help.
@Shannon Spaniol, the workaround doesn’t function any more on Cloud.
That goes for all flavors of it, i.e., !"Current Page Title", -Current+Page+Title, !Current+Page+Title, -"Current Page Title". This is why people hate Atlassian. The workaround gets nixed but the issue doesn’t get fixed. Make sure you don’t affect workarounds if you’re not going to fix the issue being worked around. Ugh.
Go “behind the screen” to meet some of the Confluence Cloud team. In this video series, we tackle some of the hard-hitting questions you never knew you wanted the answer to! Meet some of the ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events